- "Desperadoes" by Ron Hansen is much better written and more interesting than this.
- The cover of my paperback edition is shown as the cover of the e-book version.
Moving on from Texas to Kansas and New Mexico and back to Texas. Nathan really gets around. Right now he's in Mexico chasing horses with his new pal Fisher(probably doomed) in "Blood Meridian" territory about 25 years later. The shootin' and killin' continues unabated and Nathan's bullet wound count is up to six! Is he very lucky or very unlucky? Lucky I'd say...
- J. W. Hardin comes up again as do many names of real-life events, lawmen, cattle men and bad boys(and girls) of the wild west. This gives the story a nice, authentic feel.
- The story gets a bit repetitive but is also pretty readable, though the prose is workmanlike, not inspired.
- p. 131 - names get confused - poor editing!
eBook The Killing Season (Trail of the Gunfighter, #2)